Monday, December 13, 2010

My Son Loves This Part Of Christmas More Than Receiving Gifts

Posted by Gaylord Campbell

It's that time of year again. These are the happiest days of my son's life. He absolutely lives for the holiday season. While he likes Thanksgiving very much - he gets a lot of attention from family members - he knows that the end of Thanksgiving means the beginning of the holiday season. He sees all the Christmas trees and decorations and I even think he can sense the warmer vibes from family, friends, and strangers alike. Even when we were in the mall during the holiday season last year, he asked me why everyone was being so friendly. I asked myself if it was because they were trying to make sales, but I told him that everyone is just in a happy and giving mood around Christmas time. He simply smiled, which certainly warmed my heart. Of course, one of my son's favorite parts about Christmas is the presents. But he is different than most kids. His favorite aspect of Christmas is going to see Santa. Every year, we dress up really warm, put our boots on, set our home security alarm (ADT Security System cellguard), and head off to see Santa. Once we arrive, Santa seems to be even happier to see us than we are to see him. This makes my son very happy, which makes me very happy. We will be sure to see Santa again this year.

No comments: