Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A Fun Surprise

Guest post written by Jenn Milne

The cutest thing happened the other day as Bill and I were sitting down for the night and I was on the comptuer looking up El Paso sears cabinet refacing deals, I heard the faint sounds of Christmas carols coming out from behind the front door. I got up to look out the window to see what it was and sure enough, there was a group of 12 young, bundled-up and rosy-cheeked carolers singing there. They'd come from a local youth activity group up the street.

I've gotta tell you, that one little thing just made my night. Living out here in rural Texas, you don't really get a lot of that...you know, people mostly keep to themselves. But for some reason, this group of little ones who just came to spread some holiday cheer really touched me. It brought me back to the days when my mom used to take me caroling for our neighbors...just one more thing that makes this time of year so magical.

No comments: