Monday, December 13, 2010

Adults Are Allowed To See Santa Too

Guest post by Jewel Cole

I am not your normal individual. I'm going to tell you that right off the bat. And when you read what I'm about to write, you're going to think all the wrong things. This is why I must stress that I am a firm believer in tradition. Nostalgia is also very strong with me. When I was a kid, my father used to take me to see Santa every year. He wasn't home much otherwise due to business travel, so this was a very special event for me. I didn't even really care about seeing Santa at the time, I only pretended to be. My real interest was in spending time with my dad. He passed away when I was young, so we never got to finish out those Santa-seeing days. That is why, as an adult, I go to see Santa on an annual basis. No, I don't sit on his lap. But I do pay my admission to see him and then explain to him why I'm there. Most Santas understand and nod their heads. This is all I need. Then I walk around the mall and think about my dad. This year will be no different than any other. I will wake up, eat my Lucky Charms for breakfast, set my home security alarm fromInhomesecurity.net, and go to the mall to see Santa. I'm looking forward to it.

No comments: