Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Slipcovers for the play room furniture

Guest post written by Brynn Eckart

Any of our old furniture basically goes to the kids' playroom down in the basement because they don't have to worry about being careful with the furniture. We tell them that it's okay for them to be rough with that furniture and stuff like that. But the other day when I was down there cleaning I noticed just how bad the couch down there looked and decided to make some slipcovers for the furniture.

But I had never made a slipcover before, so i went online with my wireless internet to figure out how to make a slipcover for the playroom couch.

One of the things that I was worried about was that whatever fabric I used for the slipcover would be really easy to clean in case the kids spill stuff on it. So I bought some heavy-duty canvas in bright red to match the rest of the playroom in the basement. I put the slipcover together and it looks pretty good for what it is, so I'm pretty pleased with myself. Plus it made the play room look a little better for the kids.

3 comments:

alex o said...

I'm also looking for websites on where to buy durable playroom couch for my kids. So of my friends are suggesting that I should try looking at Daniel's Home Center.

Los Angeles furniture stores

My Urban Child said...

I also use slip covers for my furniture's. Slipcovers are a fitted protective cover that may be slipped off and on a piece of upholstered furniture. Slipcovers are usually made of cloth. Slipcovers may be removed for seasonal change, cleaning, moving, or storage.

Kids Playroom Furniture

rain said...

One tip is to feel the fabric of the slipcover. You need to be sure it will be comfortable for your children.

cheap bedding